Law Office of Eric M. Mark

Marriage Visa Lawyer in New Jersey

As your marriage visa lawyer in New Jersey, I will be your ally in helping you to bring your foreign fiancé or spouse to the United States. There are potential delays and complications at each step of the process that I can help you avoid. It can be a tense and thorny period. But because we will handle it properly, it can be an exciting chapter in your love story.

Call now for a marriage visa lawyer at 973-453-2009
15 minute consultations are free

Let me work as your marriage visa lawyer in New Jersey. Let me handle the paperwork. There is so much of it for a U.S. citizen. You have two ways to bring a foreign husband or wife to live in the United States.

As a marriage visa lawyer in New Jersey, I begin the process by filing Form I-130 in the U.S. The application is processed by USCIS and forwarded to the National Visa Center for follow up. When approved, it is sent to the U.S. Embassy in the country where the foreign national lives to process the green card. There is an inevitable wait time, but people who do it themselves often improperly fill out paperwork, which adds unnecessary delay. The K3 Visa is a much-talked about option to bring your spouse to the U.S., but often is just a waste of money.

A marriage visa lawyer in New Jersey can also help if you are an American citizen engaged to be married to a foreigner and wish to marry in the United States. This process begins by filing a Petition for Alien Fiancé (or fiancée) Form I-129F in order to obtain a K1. There are other papers that you must fill out, especially if there are non-citizen children involved. It goes through the same three-location process as the paperwork for a spouse and has all the same potential pitfalls.

I am an experienced marriage visa lawyer in New Jersey. I know that the paperwork can be challenging. Please be wary of some unscrupulous people who say that they are legal immigration “experts”. They may not be qualified – and the result will be a delay in an already long process.

Trust me to be your marriage visa lawyer in New Jersey. I am an experienced immigration attorney. I will carefully review your status and determine whether your fiancé or spouse is eligible to come to America. Conditions that would make him or her ineligible include:

  • Submitting documents that are fraudulent
  • Overstaying a previous visa
  • Practicing polygamy
  • Drug charges
  • Communicable Diseases
  • Having HIV/AIDS
  • Promoting overthrow of the U.S government

As a marriage visa lawyer in New Jersey working for you, I may be able to get ineligibilities waived, but doing so requires extensive proof and familiarity with the law. I can help you determine the proper course of action and see you through it.

In addition to the required forms, you need to prove your citizenship; provide extensive biographical information on you and your spouse or fiancé; copies of death and divorce certificates when applicable; and proof of your relationship such as a marriage certificate, photographs and other evidence. Marriage fraud is common and immigration officers may require further proof. I can also arrange to have foreign documents translated, which will speed up the process.

Call now for a marriage visa lawyer at 973-453-2009
15 minute consultations are free

Contact me in Newark, Jersey City, Paterson, Elizabeth, Morristown, Hackensack, Hoboken, Irvington, East Orange, Union City and throughout northern New Jersey. No attorney or law firm can guarantee the outcome of your case. However, I can provide you with a free evaluation of the details of your case, and help you tailor a strategy to pursue the best possible outcome.

Translate »

Pin It on Pinterest