Newark and Jersey City New Jersey DWI Lawyers
As a Newark and Jersey City DWI attorney, I am fully aware of the stress that you face when you are confronted with a drunken driving charge. Even a first-time conviction will result in harsh consequences. And the loss of driving privileges can even result in the end of careers for some individuals. You do not need to face the judge alone. Call me now.
Driving While Intoxicated
Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) is one of the most serious motor vehicle charges an individual can incur in Jersey City. While the charge is not criminal, the penalties are extremely severe. Drunk driving cases are especially tricky to contest because officers may claim the driver appeared intoxicated, without even having to provide evidence from a breathalyzer or field sobriety test. Once convicted, a DWI can lead to penalties for motorists, including fines, driver’s license suspension and imprisonment, but it can also lead to complications with the individual’s personal life, including job loss, job denial, denial of financial assistance, and the revocation of certain civil rights.
For the best defense against a drunk driving case, it’s important to work with an experienced DWI lawyer in Jersey City to protect both your freedom and your financial future. Eric Mark will do everything he can to help you beat your drunk driving charges quickly and successfully by investigating all evidence pertaining to your case and speaking with police and witnesses. He will work to find all possible defenses, explore all angles to possibly reduce the charges against you, or take your case to trial as he has done for many others.
Call 973-453-2009 to speak with a Newark and Jersey City New Jersey DWI attorney. I will provide you with a free 15 minute consultation.
If I am your Jersey City DWI attorney, I will explain the punishment you face if convicted. The following penalties are based upon a conviction of driving with a Blood Alcohol Content greater than 0.08% but less than 0.10%.
- A fine ranging from $250.00 to $400.00
- A fee of $230.00 to be paid to the IDRC (Intoxicated Driver Resource Center)
- A fee of $100.00 to be paid to the State of New Jersey Drunk Driving Fund
- A fee of $100.00 to be paid to AERF (Alcohol Education and Rehabilitation Fund)
- A surcharge of $1,000.00 to be paid to the New Jersey Department of Motor Vehicles for 3 years following the drunken driving conviction for a total surcharge of $3,000.00
- A fee of $75.00 to be paid to the Neighborhood Services Fund
- Up to 30 days incarceration
- A mandatory program completion of 12-48 hours with the IDRC
- As your New Jersey DUI attorney, I can thoroughly review the charges and penalties associated with your drunken driving arrest. Call me today for a free consultation!
When I am your New Jersey DWI attorney, I can determine the defense options available to dispute your drunken driving charges. I will personally review every element of your encounters with law enforcement officials to ensure that you were treated fairly and that the police followed proper procedure. It is vital that a New Jersey DUI attorney assess each and every detail of the evidence provided by the arresting officers:
- Reviewing the arrest reports to confirm that there was probable cause to pull your vehicle over
- Viewing and listening to the video and audio files recorded by the dashboard cameras of the patrol cars on scene to ensure that your rights were upheld
- Requesting the maintenance and performance reports of the equipment used to gather the chemical evidence for your Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) test.
- As a Newark New Jersey DWI attorney, I leave no stone unturned in defending my clients. Do not simply surrender to your charges. Call my firm today for a free consultation.
A conviction on drunken driving charges can have damaging effects on both your personal and professional life. A guilty DUI verdict can seriously damage the reputation and social standing that you have fought so hard to achieve. Call to speak to a Jersey City DWI attorney, if you or a loved one is facing charges. You can call or stop by my office to schedule your free consultation. If I can take your case, I will work aggressively on your behalf to obtain the very best outcome for you.
Call 973-453-2009 to speak with a DWI attorney. I will provide you with a free 15-minute consultation.
Call for a DWI attorney Newark, Jersey City, Paterson, Elizabethtown, Hackensack, Hoboken, Irvington, East Orange, Union City and throughout Northern New Jersey. No attorney or law firm can guarantee the outcome of your case. However, I can provide you with a free evaluation of the details and help you tailor a defense strategy to pursue the best possible outcome.
If you are facing criminal charges in New Jersey, turn to the Law Office of Eric M. Mark today for immediate legal counsel. Eric Mark is the criminal defense lawyer in Jersey City to turn to when you need aggressive and committed representation. Give us a call today at (201) 713-2227 to schedule a free consultation and discuss the best approach to your individual case needs.
As your Newark New Jersey drunk driving defense attorney, I can prepare a solid and aggressive defense that contests the DWI evidence that the police are bringing against you. Drinking and driving charges are some of the most damaging allegations to face – both legally and socially. Don’t face them alone. Call me now.
Call 973-453-2009 to speak with a drunk driving defense attorney.
15-minute consultations are free
In my time as a New Jersey DUI attorney, I have seen that individuals convicted on DUI offenses can face consequences that extend far beyond the penalties of the courts. For instance, a suspension of driving privileges can cost commercial bus, limo and taxi drivers their jobs. And the State of New Jersey is serious about collecting its DUI fines and fees.
As a New Jersey drunk driving attorney, I can advise you that a failure to pay DWI surcharges to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) will result in:
- An indefinite suspension of you driving privileges
- Legal actions by the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission to implement a garnishment of your wages or secure a lien against your property until such surcharges are paid in full.
If I am your New Jersey drunk driving attorney, I can work to avoid a DUI conviction, because the consequences of a conviction are harsh. First time offenders who are found guilty of driving while intoxicated will face the following, if their BAC percentage was discovered to be greater than 0.08 but less than 0.10:
- A fine that ranges anywhere from $250.00 to $400.00
- A $230.00 imposed fee to the Intoxicated Driver Resource Center (IDRC)
- A $100.00 imposed fee to the State of New Jersey Drunk Driving Fund
- A $100.00 imposed fee to the Alcohol Education and Rehabilitation Fund (AERF)
- A $1,000.00 surcharge to the New Jersey DMV for 3 consecutive years following a conviction on DUI charges. The total surcharge is $3,000.00 paid over a 3 year period.
- A $75.00 imposed fee to the Neighborhood Services Fund
- 30 Days of incarceration
- Completion of a 12 to 48-hour IDRC program
Contact my firm for a free 15 min consultation with a Jersey City drunk driving defense lawyer. A conviction or guilty plea can be life changing. Call or stop by my office today for a free evaluation of the details of your case.
Consult with a New Jersey drunk driving attorney before you make any decision to enter a plea before the courts. I personally review every shred of evidence being used against you to determine whether or not law enforcement officials performed their duties within the guidelines of the state and Constitutional laws pertaining to due process. To ensure that your rights were respected and observed, I always assess:
- Whether or not there was sufficient probable cause to pull over your vehicle
- Whether or not the police conducted and graded your field test appropriately
- Whether or not your BAC levels were tested in a timely manner
- Whether or not the arresting officer recited or read your Miranda Rights to you.
Call for a free consultation with a Newark and Jersey City New Jersey drunk driving defense attorney. Don’t face the courts on your own.
Call 973-453-2009 to speak with a drunk driving attorney.
15-minute consultations are free
Call for a lawyer in Newark, Jersey City, Paterson, Elizabethtown, Hackensack, Hoboken, Irvington, East Orange, Union City and throughout Northern New Jersey. No attorney or law firm can guarantee the outcome of your criminal case. However, I can provide you with a free evaluation of the details of your case, and help you tailor a defense strategy to pursue the best possible outcome.