Newark and Jersey City Assault Defense Lawyers
When you need an assault defense attorney in Newark or Jersey City New Jersey, call me. I am an experienced attorney. Depending upon the details of your case, you may be facing charges that range from fines and probation – to jail time and electronic monitoring. Call me now to help you.
Call 973-453-2009 for an assault defense.
15 minute consultations are free
You may need an assault defense lawyer in Newark or Jersey City because of a simple misunderstanding or miscommunication, that leads to heated and escalated situations. But there are many sides to every story. Let me make sure your side gets heard!
An assault defense lawyer in Newark and Jersey City may be needed, because the charges are based purely upon the perspective of the arresting officer. Let’s say, for instance, that you got caught up in a disagreement and were forced to defend yourself or to try to protect someone you love. You may be charged simply because you are larger than the person you were facing – even if they were responsible for starting it.
For your assault defense in East Orange, I will work to bring out the truth and allow you to provide the court with a fuller understanding of the events that led to the charges. In the State of New Jersey, actions of violence can result in both criminal and civil court cases, and I handle either.
- Criminal proceedings will be held to determine your guilt or innocence in the matter, and thereafter…
- Civil proceedings can be conducted to determine your liability for the physical and property damages that were sustained by the victim of the alleged violence.
- An aggressive and solid defense can help you avoid jail time and expensive restitution. Call my firm for a free evaluation of your case.
You need a good assault defense attorney in New Jersey because there are strong penalties in New Jersey:
- Fines ranging from $500.00 to $200,000.00
- Jail or prison ranging from 90 days to 10 years
- Revocation of driving privileges, if a vehicle was used during the assault
- Loss of the right to own or possess firearms and/or other weaponry
- Mandatory completion of anger management course
- Probation and electronic monitoring
- A good assault defense in East Orange could result in parole
- Restitution for the damages incurred by the victim(s)
- Contact my firm to review the details of your charges. I will fight aggressively to challenge the allegations you are facing!
Actual physical contact need not have happened. What this means is that another individual only needs to say that they were afraid of you or your actions in order to establish a charge of assault.
An assault defense law firm in New Jersey may be able to prove that you were acting to protect yourself or someone else. Call or stop by my office today to discuss your options. Your physical size and the circumstantial evidence may paint a dismal picture, but it’s the facts that hold up in court.
Call 973-453-2009 for an assault defense attorney.
15 minute consultations are free
Call Attorney Eric M. Mark in Newark, Jersey City, Paterson, Elizabethtown, Hackensack, Hoboken, Irvington, East Orange, Union City and throughout Northern New Jersey. No attorney or law firm can guarantee the outcome of your criminal case. However, I can provide you with a free evaluation of the details of your case, and help you tailor a defense strategy to pursue the best possible outcome.