Newark and Jersey City Citizenship Lawyers
As a citizenship lawyer in Newark and Jersey City, New Jersey, I can help streamline the path to naturalization. As you know, the path to naturalization is not easy. It requires careful planning and attention to detail, a lot of paperwork and patience.
Call now to speak with a Citizenship Lawyer in Newark or Jersey City at 973-453-2009
15 minute consultations are free
With me as your citizenship lawyer in Jersey City and Newark New Jersey, I will seek the best possible outcome the first time you go through the process. Do not be a victim of so-called “immigration specialists.” I am an experienced attorney who will handle the US Citizenship and Immigrant Service (USCIS) process correctly and legally. I congratulate you on wanting to take the steps needed to become an American. I watched my own wife become a naturalized American so I can see the process through your eyes: The excitement, the frustration and the reward. My experience as a lawyer in New Jersey has shown that the naturalization process is more than filling out paperwork. The laws change, and I know how to navigate them. There are seven basic steps I will take with you:
- Determine if you are eligible
- Fill out form N400 and collect the required documents
- Get two passport-style photographs
- Send in your application, documents, and fees
- Have an interview and take the civics test
- You Receive USCIS form N-652 that accepts, continues or denies your request
My goal as your citizenship lawyer in New Jersey will be to see you taking the Oath of Allegiance to become naturalized. This is one of the most exciting moments in an immigrant’s life and sets in place the cornerstone of the American dream that many envision but few will realize. As a lawyer in New Jersey, I handle the complicated paperwork, especially the Naturalization Application Form, also known as N400. It is a complex document and is best handled by an experienced attorney to avoid delays. When I become your citizenship lawyer in New Jersey, the first thing I need to know is if you are eligible. This means you must be:
- At least 18 years old or a minor not born in the U.S. who can derive citizenship through parents
- A Permanent Resident for at least 5 years who meets the physical presence and continuous residence requirements.
- Married to and living with an American citizen for at least three years who meets the physical presence and continuous residence requirements.
- Able to demonstrate your ability to read, write and speak English.
- Able to answer questions about U.S. history and government.
- Eligible for special consideration because you served in the U.S. military.
- The government also wants to know if you are of “good moral character” and will ask you questions about your homeland, family and employment.
You may need an immigration attorney in Newark New Jersey to fix mistakes in paperwork. Sometimes an applicant tried unsuccessfully to fill out the forms themselves, or they hired others who called themselves “experts” in immigration law. Beware of scam artists out there who take advantage of immigrants. Most are not attorneys or knowledgeable about immigration law. Trust the dedication and experience of Newark citizenship attorney Eric M. Mark.
Call now for a Newark and Jersey City Citizenship Lawyer at 973-453-2009
15 minute consultations are free
I practice in Newark, Jersey City, Paterson, Elizabeth, Morristown, Hackensack, Hoboken, Irvington, East Orange, Union City and throughout northern New Jersey. No law firm can guarantee the outcome of your case. However, I can provide you with a free evaluation of the details of your case, and help you tailor a strategy to pursue the best possible outcome.