Newark and Jersey City Theft Lawyers
Speak with a theft defense attorney in Newark or Jersey City before you say anything to the police or anyone else about your charges. Law enforcement officials will attempt to trick you into making a damaging statement or confession by declaring that they have evidence to prove that you are guilty. They may even go so far as to bait you with talk of a lesser sentence in exchange for your cooperation. However, the truth is that the police do not possess the power to provide leniency to offenders. The evidence that they possess must be judged in a court of law in order to secure a guilty verdict.
Call 973-453-2009 for a Newark and Jersey City theft attorney.
15 minute consultations are free
As a theft attorney in New Jersey, I have represented clients in county and municipal courts throughout New Jersey. I have secured positive outcomes from reduced charges to full dismissals. I always work to achieve the best possible outcomes for my clients.
When I am your Newark theft defense attorney, I will determine which defense may be right in your case:
- The property in question was mutual community property between divorcing spouses, and who owned or was entitled to it was not established at the time of the alleged crime
- Possession of the property in question was due to a mistaken delivery
- The property in question was honestly claimed as restitution for damages or to make up for losses for which the accuser was liable
- As a theft attorney in Union City, I can investigate to determine if the property was taken in order to restore it to its rightful owner
- It was unknown to the recipient that the property in question was in fact stolen
- The possessor of the property in question was under the impression that they were fully entitled by the rights and benefits of ownership to possess or dispose of the property as they pleased.
Call my firm for a theft attorney in Union City. I can provide you with a free consultation to determine which defense strategies might work best for you.
A theft defense attorney in Jersey City can help you avoid the pitfalls of self-incrimination. If you are alone with them – law enforcement and prosecutors will try to get you to confess or even go along with the stories provided by police. They may try to convince you that it is the right thing to do. You may become frightened and feel intimidated. Remember, you are entitled to legal representation; you do not have to face an interrogation on your own. Call my firm today for a free evaluation of your case.
A theft attorney in Union City can discuss the full range of charges, conditions and penalties associated with crimes of theft. Call me today.
THE DEGREES OF THEFT CRIMES
- Disorderly person offenses involve losses of $200 or less
- Fourth degree crimes involve losses of greater than $200 to $500
- Third degree offenses involve losses of greater than $500 to $75,000
- Second degree crimes involve losses of greater than $75,000
Call 973-453-2009 for a theft attorney.
15 minute consultations are free
Call now for a defense lawyer in Newark, Jersey City, Paterson, Elizabethtown, Hackensack, Hoboken, Irvington, East Orange, Union City and throughout Northern New Jersey. No attorney or law firm can guarantee the outcome of your criminal case. However, I can provide you with a free evaluation of the details of your case, and help you tailor a defense strategy to pursue the best possible outcome.