Drunk Driving Attorney Newark
As your New Jersey drunk driving attorney, I can prepare a solid and aggressive defense that contests the DWI evidence that the police are bringing against you. Drinking and driving charges are some of the most damaging allegations to face – both legally and socially. Don’t face them alone. Call me now.
Call 973-453-2009 now for a drunk driving attorney.
15 minute consultations are free
In my time as a New Jersey drunk driving attorney, I have seen that individuals convicted on DUI offenses can face consequences that extend far beyond the penalties of the courts. For instance, a suspension of driving privileges can cost commercial bus, limo and taxi drivers their jobs. And the State of New Jersey is serious about collecting its DUI fines and fees.
As a New Jersey drunk driving attorney, I can advise you that a failure to pay DWI surcharges to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) will result in:
- An indefinite suspension of you driving privileges
- Legal actions by the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission to implement a garnishment of your wages or secure a lien against your property until such surcharges are paid in full.
If I am your New Jersey drunk driving attorney, I can work to avoid a DUI conviction, because the consequences of a conviction are harsh. First time offenders who are found guilty of driving while intoxicated will face the following, if their BAC percentage was discovered to be greater than 0.08 but less than 0.10:
- A fine that ranges anywhere from $250.00 to $400.00
- A $230.00 imposed fee to the Intoxicated Driver Resource Center (IDRC)
- A $100.00 imposed fee to the State of New Jersey Drunk Driving Fund
- A $100.00 imposed fee to the Alcohol Education and Rehabilitation Fund (AERF)
- A $1,000.00 surcharge to the New Jersey DMV for 3 consecutive years following a conviction on DUI charges. The total surcharge is $3,000.00 paid over a 3 year period.
- A $75.00 imposed fee to the Neighborhood Services Fund
- 30 Days of incarceration
- Completion of a 12 to 48-hour IDRC program
Contact my firm for a New Jersey drunk driving attorney. A conviction or guilty plea can be life changing. Call or stop by my office today for a free evaluation of the details of your case.
Consult with a New Jersey drunk driving attorney before you make any decision to enter a plea before the courts. I personally review every shred of evidence being used against you to determine whether or not law enforcement officials performed their duties within the guidelines of the state and Constitutional laws pertaining to due process. To ensure that your rights were respected and observed, I always assess:
- Whether or not there was sufficient probable cause to pull over your vehicle
- Whether or not the police conducted and graded your field test appropriately
- Whether or not your BAC levels were tested in a timely manner
- Whether or not the arresting officer recited or read your Miranda Rights to you.
Call for a free consultation with a New Jersey drunk driving attorney. Don’t face the courts on your own.
Call 973-453-2009 for a drunk driving attorney.
15 minute consultations are free
Call for a lawyer in Newark, Jersey City, Paterson, Elizabethtown, Hackensack, Hoboken, Irvington, East Orange, Union City and throughout Northern New Jersey. No attorney or law firm can guarantee the outcome of your criminal case. However, I can provide you with a free evaluation of the details of your case, and help you tailor a defense strategy to pursue the best possible outcome.